my grilled cheese and tomato soup recipe
Most American comfort food doesn't really appeal to me, but the grilled cheese is an exception. Few things make me feel better than a buttery, gooey grilled cheese with a bowl of tomato bisque.
prep time: 10 min
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 slices of brioche bread (feel free to substitute others like sourdough)
- 1 slice of cheese (i like gouda, but feel free to substitute your own like swiss, american, pepper jack, gruyere, or brie)
- 1 can of tomato basil soup or tomato bisque
- Pour the can of tomato soup into a pot and heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add spices to taste.
- Heat a pan on the stovetop over medium heat until hot.
- Add a half tbsp of the butter and distribute the melted butter evenly around the pan.
- Place both slices of brioche bread on the pan and fry until golden brown (or desired doneness) underneath.
- Flip one slice of bread over and carefully place the slice of cheese on top. Then place the other slice, fried side down, on top of the slice of cheese. Fry until the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown.
- Flip the entire sandwich and cook until the final side of the sandwich is done. Serve with tomato soup immediately.